Alumnae: Granddaughters Club

Granddaughters Club Activities

The Granddaughters made their first public appearance during the Founders Day celebration in 1910. Each Founders Day, members of the Granddaughters Club give a symbolic presentation, usually a choral reading followed by decoration of plaques that honor the founders, and recitation of the Granddaughters’ Pledge.

Until the 1970s, the traditional program was held in Howe Hall before the formal Founders Day convocation in Sisters Chapel. When the plaques honoring the founders were moved to Sisters Chapel, the traditional ceremony of the Granddaughters Club was incorporated into the formal convocation.

  • Make A Gift